Excited for the weekend but not sure whether you’ll really be able to relax and enjoy the time off? From looking up the best psychic reader online to get exciting medium readings to just spending an entire Saturday napping, self-care looks different for everyone. If you’re not sure where to start, try these eight well-loved self-care ideas.
1. Dedicate Some Time To Introspection, Meditation or Yoga
Given the rush of the workweek, you might find it hard to dedicate any time to introspection Monday through Friday. That’s why the weekend is the ideal time to slow things down and spend a half hour or some meditating, practicing yoga or simply sitting quietly with your thoughts.
2. Spend a Little Time Browsing Through Your Horoscopes
If you’re curious about your birth chart report and have any interest in astrology, the weekend could be the ideal time to catch up on your horoscope! Spend a little time browsing through different horoscopes to see what the future might hold for you.
3. Get Outside and Focus on Enjoying the Beauty of Nature
You might not have enough time to enjoy nature during the week, so why not reconnect with nature over the weekend? This Saturday, you could:
- Go out for a leisurely walk
- Go for a drive
- Take a bike ride through your neighborhood
- Lay out a picnic blanket in your backyard
4. Write Up a List of the Things You Love About Yourself
It’s easy to get caught up in the negative sometimes, especially after a stressful week at work. To rebalance things and get in a positive mindset, use the weekend to write up a list of the things you truly love about yourself.
5. Stage an At-Home Spa To Pamper Yourself
Nothing says “self care” quite like an at-home spa! If you want to really pamper yourself, you can:
- Use a back massager or foot massager
- Splurge on a little skincare and do an at-home face mask
- Fill up a bathtub with hot water and bubbles or bath salts
- Use aromatherapy to unwind and feel calm
6. Take Yourself Out to a Special Brunch, Lunch or Dinner
Who says you can’t go to a restaurant by yourself? If you’re feeling hungry and have some time to spare, take yourself out to a special meal this weekend.
7. Try Turning Your Phone and Computer Off for a Whole Day
Technology stressing you out? Weekends are the perfect time to disconnect, so challenge yourself to turn your phone and computer off. Try to make it at least a full day, if not a full weekend!
8. Take a Nap, Read a Book and Enjoy a True Day Off
Finally, if you’re exhausted after the workweek, you’re not alone. Remember that it’s ok to enjoy a true day off! Read a favorite book, take a nap and do whatever you need to do to feel refreshed.
Weekends are the perfect time to take it slow and practice some extra self-care, so why not seize the opportunity to really pamper yourself? Whether you prefer at-home spas, leisurely brunches, nature walks or some other form of care, don’t forget to look after yourself and truly enjoy your weekend off.